Invisalign is a cosmetic dental treatment that uses a series of removable invisible braces or clear aligners to gradually straighten your teeth over a period of 9 to 18 months.
Invisalign uses clear, medical-grade plastic aligners that are practically invisible, to systematically and efficiently straighten your teeth without any traditional metal brackets. It’s also completely removable, so that you can take your aligners out to eat, brush and floss as normal.
Because these appliances are clear and removable, the teeth straightening process is discreet and therefore very popular with adults.
· The durable, transparent thermoplastic material of the Invisalign aligners is almost impossible to see.
· The Invisalign aligners are completely removable and as such, it is easy to maintain the daily oral hygiene routine needed to reduce the chance of plaque build-up, tooth decay and gum disease.
· These invisible braces don’t rely on traditional metal appliances, so food and plaque are not trapped on the surface of the teeth.
· Invisalign differs from traditional braces in that it actually controls the amount of force applied to each tooth and this reduces the length of the treatment in comparison with traditional orthodontics.
· It is a fast treatment that requires approximately less than a year to transform a crooked smile into a glowing, beautiful new look.
Invisalign is ideal for those who have always wanted a better smile but have been putting off orthodontic treatments because of the social stigma associated with braces. Studies show that out of the 1.5 million people who have had or are having Invisalign treatment, 98% of them are satisfied with the results.
However, it’s important to remember that Invisalign cannot treat all orthodontic conditions such as severe over or underbites, severely tipped teeth, numerous missing teeth, or unerupted teeth.